Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stripes

Last night I went to dinner and a movie with some girlfriends.  It was great, apart from a group of eight being split across the restaurant (yes we should have booked), and the film not being quite as awesome as I'd hoped.  (It's OK Paul Rudd, I still love you).
After a minor freak out about personal safety on the train home late at night (and Mr Man bravely coming to my rescue), I was feeling pretty wiped out when I set out for work this morning.  Cue one of my favourite Christmas presents from my Mum this year.  Stripey platform Guess flip flops.
When I was a kid I had a pair of plain white platform flip flops and I loved them.  Until I left them behind from band practice (yes I was in the band....two in fact, school band and the city band).  Devastated when I never got them back.  It may have taken many many years, but this replacement pair with its pretty charms is exceptionally satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment